As a (managed) hosting or PaaS provider, your priority is to offer secure and reliable service to your customers. Here’s how joining the Sansec ISP Partner program can benefit your business:
- Added Value for Your Customers: Differentiate your services by providing top-tier security measures. Your customers will appreciate the extra layer of protection, knowing their data (and their customer’s data) is safe.
- Enhanced Security for Your Infrastructure: Reduce the risk of your servers being used in botnets and spamming campaigns. Your support team should not waste time dealing with these issues.
- Priority Support from Sansec: As a partner, you’ll receive priority assistance from our malware analysis team.
- Sansec Endorsement: Let Sansec’s reputation work for you. As a trusted name in cybersecurity, we will be glad to recommend our ISP partners in our network.
- Early Access to the Latest Intelligence: Stay ahead of the curve with early access to Sansec’s cutting-edge cybersecurity intelligence. When Sansec detects the first attempts of mass-exploitation, we will distribute emergency filters to our partners so they can protect their unpatched customers.
- Unlimited Ad-Hoc Scanning: Benefit from the flexibility of unlimited ad-hoc scanning, for example, when onboarding new customers.
Join the Sansec ISP Partner program today and empower your hosting services with unmatched security, reliability, and value. Boost your brand, delight your customers, and stay ahead in the competitive hosting market. Sansec would be honored to serve as your remote eCommerce security team!
Sansec accepts partner applications from established ISPs who have proven to deliver quality. A Sansec ISP Partner is expected to:
- Promote itself as eCommerce-specialized ISP
- Already have a process for dealing with compromised customer sites and ensure that incidents are resolved in a timely manner.
- Publicly list Sansec as security partner (see branding)
ISP Partnership terms
ISP partners receive a free of charge eComscan license, which enables you to scan your customers and prospective customers.
- Frequency: max 1 scan per store install per day
- Confidentiality: you may share scan summaries with your customer (ie: we found 5 malware instances in your database), but not detailed reports. We will give you a branded 20% discount coupon which you can share with your customers who would like detailed monitoring.
- Support: see our priority partner support policy
- The ISP license is valid for a year, and auto-renews with a year.
eComscan supports many output formats. In this example, ecomscan will scan your customer document root and output any found detections in JSON line format. The
--newonly flag ensures that only output is written when a change in detection occurred (new or fixed detection). The
jq utility selects malware detections only and outputs it to CSV, which you can process in your management code.
$ ecomscan -k YOURKEY -f jsonline /path/to/customer/root --newonly | jq -r 'select(.class == "malware") | "\(.source),\(.name),\(.snippet)"' file:/path/to/customer/root/malware/mw2.php,eicar_test_file_33958,X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H* file:/path/to/customer/root/malware/mw3.php,eicar_test_file_33958,X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H* file:/path/to/customer/root/malware/mw1.php,eicar_test_file_33958,X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H* file:/path/to/customer/root/malware/.htaccess,php_hiding_in_image_files_htaccess_handler_e4af1,AddHandler php5-script .gif file:/path/to/customer/root/magento1/cdntag.com.js,frontend_pay_8fda5,\x66\x72\x6f\x6e\x74\x65\x6e\x64\x5f\x70\x61\x79
Should any of your customers suffer a breach, we recommend to send a notification similar to this:
Dear Valued Customer,
We regret to inform you that we have identified hidden malware in your store. This malware appears to be designed to intercept customer payment information, posing a serious threat to your reputation.
The malicious software was detected in your files, database, or scheduled tasks. We strongly advise conducting a thorough investigation to determine the root cause. Merely removing the malware may not be a permanent solution, as there is a high risk of re-infection.
To assist you in addressing this issue effectively, we are partnered with Sansec, a leader in eCommerce security solutions. Sansec offers an advanced malware and vulnerability scanner that can significantly expedite the resolution process. You have the option to use a basic version at no cost or to take advantage of a special discount on the comprehensive version with our exclusive coupon code: ISP-COUPON.
Please let us know how you would like to proceed, or if you require any further assistance. We are here to support you in safeguarding your online store.
Sincerely, [Your Company Name]
The steps to become a Sansec ISP Partner are:
- Send us your logo (SVG) & short intro text
- List us as security partner on your site
- Request an ISP license key from us
- Integrate eComscan with your dashboard/reporting
What eCommerce platforms do you support?
Currently, our software supports full-stack scanning (code + database) of Magento 1 & 2, Shopware 5 & 6, Woocommerce, OpenCart, Shopify. We add new platforms on demand or when threats for new platforms emerge.
How can I integrate eComscan with our existing systems?
eComscan was built to easily integrate with existing dashboards and reporting systems. See our full API/implementation guide.